Authentic Italian recipe
This simple and delicious pasta is a dish originating from southern Italy with a hot and spicy tomato sauce. The origin of the name is unclear. According to various anecdotal explanations, it is said to date back to the fact that prostitutes could prepare the dish quickly and easily between visits from their suitors. Now enough with history! Let’s cook spaghetti alla puttanesca…
- 400 g spaghetti
- 400 g strained tomatoes
- 1 tbsp capers
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil
- 100 g black olives
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp hot pepper grounded
- olive oil extra virgin
- coarse sea salt
- parsley to taste
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan. Sauté finely sliced garlic clove, dried and ground hot pepper, anchovy fillets and capers over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir frequently while doing so.
- Add the strained tomatoes, stir well and simmer for another 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil, add a good handful of coarse sea salt and cook the spaghetti until al dente.
- After the sauce has simmered for 10 minutes, add the olives and stir.
- Drain the finished pasta and then add it directly to the frying pan with the sauce. Mix everything well and let it rest briefly in the frying pan.
- Finally, arrange on deep plates, sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve.Buon appetito!
If you like spaghetti alla puttanesca, you may also like these recipes
Recommendation for the spaghetti alla puttanesca
BARILLA Blue Box Spaghetti Pasta, 16 oz. Boxes (Pack of 8), 8 Servings per Box – Non-GMO Pasta Made with Durum Wheat Semolina – Italy’s #1 Pasta Brand – Kosher Certified Pasta
- SPAGHETTI PASTA: Give Barilla Spaghetti a twirl! No doubt it’s the most fun pasta to eat and its delicious texture will please the whole family; Stock up with this pack of 8, 16-ounce boxes of spaghetti
- BARILLA PASTA: Long, golden strands of pasta made with 100% durum wheat and water to deliver great taste and “al dente” texture every time
- CREATE DELICIOUS PASTA MEALS: Pairs well with just about any type of pasta sauce or spaghetti sauce: from a simple tomato sauce to a hearty meat sauce, a chunky vegetable sauce or a creamy carbonara sauce
- COOKS TO PERFECTION EVERY TIME: Perfect pasta in 10-11 minutes
- NON-GMO & KOSHER CERTIFIED PASTA: Barilla Spaghetti pasta is crafted with the highest quality Non-GMO ingredients and is kosher certified