This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Authentic Italian recipe
This simple and delicious pasta is a dish originating from southern Italy with a hot and spicy tomato sauce. The origin of the name is unclear. According to various anecdotal explanations, it is said to date back to the fact that prostitutes could prepare the dish quickly and easily between visits from their suitors. Now enough with history! Let’s cook spaghetti alla puttanesca…
One of the best pasta dishes – irresistible!
- 400 g spaghetti
- 400 g strained tomatoes
- 1 tbsp capers
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil
- 100 g black olives
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp hot pepper grounded
- olive oil extra virgin
- coarse sea salt
- parsley to taste
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan. Sauté finely sliced garlic clove, dried and ground hot pepper, anchovy fillets and capers over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir frequently while doing so.
- Add the strained tomatoes, stir well and simmer for another 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil, add a good handful of coarse sea salt and cook the spaghetti until al dente.
- After the sauce has simmered for 10 minutes, add the olives and stir.
- Drain the finished pasta and then add it directly to the frying pan with the sauce. Mix everything well and let it rest briefly in the frying pan.
- Finally, arrange on deep plates, sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve.Buon appetito!
Calories: 441kcal (22%)Carbohydrates: 82g (27%)Protein: 15g (30%)Fat: 6g (9%)Saturated fatty acids: 1g (5%)Cholesterol: 2mg (1%)
If you like spaghetti alla puttanesca, you may also like these recipes
Our pasta book recommendation