As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
A classic dish of Campania cuisine
- First wash the cherry tomatoes, dry them and then cut them into quarters. Peel the garlic and cut it into fine strips. Finely chop the parsley and the chili pepper.
- Now rinse the squid tube under clear water and dry. Then cut into thin rings.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil.
- In the meantime, heat a good dash of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and chopped chili and sauté briefly.
- Then increase the heat, add the squid rings and sauté briefly.
- Then deglaze with the white wine and let the alcohol evaporate. Add the cherry tomatoes and tomato paste. Season with a little salt and pepper, stir well and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- At this point, add the calamarata pasta to the boiling salted water and cook until half al dente. This is about half the time indicated on the package.
- Just before the pasta is half cooked, take a ladle or two full of pasta water and pour it into the pan. Then drain the calamarata directly into the pan. Add the chopped parsley and mix thoroughly.
- Now cover with a lid and continue to simmer on low heat until the full cooking time of the pasta is reached.
- Finally, arrange on deep plates and enjoy immediately.Buon appetito!
If you liked the pasta calamarata, you might also like these recipes…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the calamarata?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.