As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
- First, thoroughly wash, dry and halve the cherry tomatoes. Peel and finely chop the garlic and onion.
- Now heat some olive oil in a large pan and add garlic, onion and oregano. Add the dried hot pepper and sweat everything for a few minutes on low heat.
- Then deglaze with the vodka and let it evaporate completely. Add the cherry tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes with the lid closed. Stir several times during this process.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- After the tomatoes have cooked for 20 minutes until soft, pour the entire contents of the pan into the container of the hand blender and puree to a creamy sauce. Then pour back into the pan and add the liquid cream. Mix well and simmer over medium heat.
- Add the penne to the boiling salted water and cook until al dente according to package directions.
- Once the pasta is al dente, drain with a slotted spoon directly into the pan and mix everything thoroughly. Add the grated parmesan and mix again.
- Now pour everything onto deep plates, garnish with plenty of chopped parsley and enjoy.Buon appetito!
If you like Penne alla Vodka, you might also like these recipes
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the penne alla vodka?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.