This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Spinach ricotta cake
A delicious puff pastry pie with creamy spinach & ricotta filling
For a Springform pan with 22cm/9in Ø
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 500 g leaf spinach
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 100 g parmesan cheese (shop here)
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- butter for greasing
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook the fresh spinach for about 10 minutes until soft. Then drain in a sieve and squeeze well to remove all the excess water.
- Now put the cooked spinach in a large bowl with grated parmesan, egg, ricotta and a pinch of salt. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Prepare a 22cm/9in Ø springform pan and grease with butter. Roll out the puff pastry and place it in the springform pan. Form a rim of approx. 1cm/0.4in on the springform pan and press it down well. Prick the pastry several times with a fork. Cut off the excess puff pastry and keep for decoration.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°C top/bottom heat.
- Now spread the spinach ricotta filling evenly over the dough and smooth it out with a dough scraper.
- Then roll out the remaining puff pastry in a circle and cut out strips about 2cm/0.8in wide. With it then lay out a uniform diamond pattern on the filling.
- Now put the cake in the oven and bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool briefly before serving.Buon appetito!
Calories: 253kcal (13%)Carbohydrates: 7g (2%)Protein: 21g (42%)Fat: 16g (25%)Saturated fatty acids: 10g (50%)Trans fatty acids: 1gCholesterol: 90mg (30%)
We hope you enjoyed the Torta Rustica! Here are some more delicious recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the Torta Rustica?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.