This post is also available in: Deutsch English
And again, a super delicious idea for a zucchini dish. Among my low carb friends it is very popular, because it has hardly any carbohydrates and is rich in protein. On top of that, it has the wonderful taste of freshly fried zucchini, enhanced with real Italian Parmigiano Reggiano and a pinch of thyme. I prefer to eat the frittata in the evening, as it allows me to avoid unnecessary carbohydrates…. My imaginary “six pack” will definitely thank me! So… let’s cook a delicious zucchini frittata….
- 8 eggs
- 500 g zucchini
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- olive oil extra virgin
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- nutmeg to taste
- thyme to taste
- Wash and dry the zucchini and remove the two ends. Then cut about ¼ of the zucchini into thin rings and place in a bowl. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt, pepper and thyme. Mix everything well and let it infuse for a short time. Cut the remaining zucchini into coarse cubes.500 g zucchini, salt, pepper, thyme, olive oil extra virgin
- Heat a little olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and lightly brown the whole peeled garlic. Then remove from the pan and add the diced zucchini. Sauté well over high heat for a few minutes.1 clove garlic
- Meanwhile, put the eggs in a bowl and whisk thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper, grate in a little nutmeg, add the grated parmesan and mix everything well.8 eggs, 50 g parmesan cheese, nutmeg
- Then pour the egg mixture into the pan with the zucchini cubes. Reduce the heat to medium and cook with the lid closed for about 8 minutes.
- Remove the lid and place a large plate on the pan. Carefully but quickly turn the pan and plate over so that the frittata lands on the plate.
- Put the empty pan back on the stove and spread the sliced zucchini evenly in it. Now carefully slide the frittata back into the pan and fry on medium heat for another 4 minutes, so that the underside is also nicely cooked and the egg combines with the slices of zucchini.
- Finally, turn the frittata out again as before onto a large plate, sprinkle with some thyme and an extra portion of shaved parmesan pieces and serve hot!Buon appetito!
Do you like the zucchini frittata? Here are some more delicious things for you…
Want original Italian ingredients for the zucchini frittata?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.