Have you ever heard of ragù bianco? This particular Italian white Bolognese sauce has a long history and is often mentioned in the same breath as its famous red counterpart, ragù rosso or ragù alla bolognese. But while classic ragù is known for its deep red color and intense tomatoey flavor, ragù bianco is characterized by a light, almost nondescript color. In this recipe we will embark together on a culinary journey to unveil the secret of this delicious and versatile sauce.
- First peel the celery, carrots and onions and cut them into small pieces.50 g carrots, 50 g onions, 50 g celery
- Remove the skin from the salsiccia and chop coarsely.150 g salsiccia (Italian sausage)
- Heat the olive oil in a high pan or pot, add the chopped vegetables and sauté for a minute.2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Then add the ground beef, salsiccia and cornstarch and brown over high heat for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.350 g ground beef, 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Once all the meat juices have boiled away, deglaze with the white wine and allow to reduce briefly. Then pour in as much meat stock until the meat is covered. Add the rosemary sprig, stir everything well and simmer on low heat with the lid closed for 40 minutes.400 ml meat broth, 300 ml dry white wine, 1 sprig rosemary
- Then remove the lid and season with salt. Finally, remove the rosemary from the sauce, mix everything thoroughly and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- The ragu is now ready.Buon appetito!
Similar recipes to Ragù bianco
Don’t you have all the ingredients at home?
brings them directly to your home!
- Huge selection from over 300,000 items, including fresh foods
- Flexible delivery options: Order by 10 p.m. and receive delivery as early as 5 a.m. the next day.
- One hundred products from over 25 favorite stores
- Prime members can test AmazonFresh free of charge for 30 days
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.