This post is also available in: Deutsch English
A new way of pizza
This pizza-like snack is a kind of focaccia, which is prepared with the very digestible ingredients rice flour, wheat flour and soy flour. After baking, it is topped with any ingredients, such as savory prosciutto, mozzarella and pecorino cheese, vegetables of any kind, and sometimes even chestnut honey. A real delicacy that you have to try – let’s prepare the Pinsa and be enchanted by the taste!
- 650 g pastry flour (wheat flour type 405)
- 25 g rice flour
- 25 g soy flour
- 3 g fresh yeast
- 500 ml water lukewarm
- 10 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 15 g salt
- 500 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- olive oil extra virgin
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 200 g parmesan cheese
- anchovy fillets in oil to taste
- olive oil extra virgin to taste
- arugula to taste
- Add the yeast to the lukewarm water and dissolve. Add the pastry flour, rice flour, soy flour and salt to the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and knead with the dough hook on the lowest setting.650 g pastry flour, 25 g rice flour, 25 g soy flour, 3 g fresh yeast, 500 ml water, 15 g salt
- Gradually add the yeast water. Then add the olive oil as well. Let the dough knead for at least 10 minutes.10 ml olive oil extra virgin
- Once the dough has a nice smooth surface and there are no more dough scraps hanging from the mixing bowl, turn off the machine. Release the dough from the hook, shape it into a ball and return it to the bowl. Cover with a cloth and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
- After resting, transfer the dough to a floured work surface, divide into quarters and form into balls. Cover everything again with a cloth and let rise for another 3 hours.
- Mix the chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper, a dash of olive oil and oregano in a bowl.500 g chopped tomatoes, 1 tbsp oregano, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F top/bottom heat.
- Wash and slice the cherry tomatoes. Also wash and dry the arugula. Cut out fine shavings from the parmesan with the help of a cheese slicer.200 g cherry tomatoes, 200 g parmesan cheese
- Pull the dough pieces into an oval shape with your hands.
- Pour a thin layer of tomato sauce on top and spread evenly.
- Drain the anchovies, chop coarsely and place on top of the pinsa. Drizzle each with a little olive oil.
- Now transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake on the middle rack for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- When done, remove and top with the arugula and cherry tomato slices and garnish with the Parmesan shavings.Buon appetito!
Did you like the Pinsa Romana? Then maybe you will also like these…
Looking for original ingredients for your pinsa?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.