This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Today I have something very fine from the beautiful Campania for you. The famous gnocchi di patata in a beautiful tomato sauce and a double layer of melted and gratinated mozzarella and parmesan. Mhhhh… it’s enough to make your mouth water…. Andiamo, let’s start cooking!
A super delicious casserole with the popular gnocchi di patate!
- 1 kg gnocchi
- 250 g mozzarella cheese
- 600 g strained tomatoes
- 80 g parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- olive oil extra virgin
- salt to taste
- basil to taste
- First, heat some olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the peeled garlic and sauté lightly.1 clove garlic, olive oil extra virgin
- Deglaze with the strained tomatoes, add chopped basil to taste. Season with salt and mix well. Simmer on low heat with the lid closed for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally during this process.600 g strained tomatoes, basil, salt
- In the meantime, bring a pot of well-salted water to the boil. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F top/bottom heat.
- Drain the mozzarella and cut into small cubes.250 g mozzarella cheese
- Once the sauce has simmered long enough, remove the garlic. Then cover the bottom of the baking dish with a ladleful of sauce and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Put the gnocchi into the boiling salted water and cook briefly. As soon as they rise to the surface, drain them with a slotted spoon directly into the pan with the sauce. Mix everything carefully.1 kg gnocchi
- Then put about half of the gnocchi with tomato sauce in the casserole dish. Evenly distribute half of the mozzarella cubes and parmesan on top.80 g parmesan cheese
- Put the remaining gnocchi in the casserole dish and spread the remaining cheese on top. Then place in the oven and bake on the highest rack for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Finally, remove from the oven and serve very fresh and hot!Buon appetito!
Calories: 150kcal (8%)Carbohydrates: 19.3g (6%)Protein: 6.1g (12%)Fat: 4.9g (8%)
How did you like the gnocchi alla sorrentina? Let me look in the recipe box what else I have for you …
Looking for original Italian ingredients for gnocchi alla sorrentina?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.