A traditional Milanese cake specialty!
This delicious seduction, which comes from the Milanese cuisine, is traditionally always served on our table at Christmas. A real feast for the palate and a perfect ending for Christmas dinner. I’ll show you how to prepare this one very easily 😉
- Put the flour, yeast, sugar, lukewarm milk, softened butter, egg yolk, nutmeg and some lemon zest in the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and mix thoroughly with the dough hook. As soon as the dough bubbles, turn off and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the raisins and amaretto in a small bowl and allow to soak.
- Prepare a high pot of 18cm/7in Ø and line with a little softened butter greased baking paper.
- After resting, add the preserved raisins, candied lemon peel and candied orange peel to the dough and knead gently. Then form into a ball, put in the pot and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F top/bottom heat (160°C/320°F convection oven).
- Then bake the cake on the lowest rack for 90 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Then remove from the pot and let cool completely. Finally, carefully peel off the baking paper.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar to taste before serving.Buon appetito!
Do you like panettone? Here are some more delicious recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the panettone?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.