- Heat a dash of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the breadcrumbs and toast lightly. Then put them in a bowl and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add a good handful of coarse sea salt and cook the spaghetti until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the whole garlic clove, drained anchovy fillets and capers and sweat over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir frequently as you do so.
- Chop the black olives and add them to the pan with the whole green olives. Now remove the garlic clove. Pour a ladle of pasta water and mix thoroughly.
- Drain the finished pasta directly into the pan. Mix everything well and let it rest briefly.
- Finally, place on deep plates, sprinkle with the toasted breadcrumbs and serve hot.Buon appetito!
I hope you enjoyed my Spaghetti Siciliana! Here are some more delicious recipes for you…
Garofalo Spaghetti Pasta No 9. – La Pasta Di Gragnano presso Napoli
The ancient art of making Garofalo pasta from durum wheat semolina has a very long tradition in Gragnano. The history of Garofalo on the magic hill of this little town, very close to Naples, started more than 500 years ago. Bring an authentic spin to any pasta recipe with Garofalo pasta.