As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
A simple & delicious pasta
Penne al baffo con tonno is a delicious variation of the popular pasta dish pasta al baffo.
The classic pasta al baffo is prepared with ham and cream sauce. In this popular variation, the ham is replaced with tuna marinated in oil, which gives the dish a fresh and Mediterranean flavor.
The sauce is very creamy and enveloping and thus harmonizes perfectly with the penne. The penne al baffo con tonno can be prepared fresh in just 20 minutes and is therefore super suitable when it has to go a little faster.
- First, bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil.
- In the meantime, drain the tuna, place in a small bowl and pick apart with a fork.200 g tuna in oil
- Heat a dash of olive oil in a large skillet and gently warm the tuna in it.
- Add the tomato paste and sauté briefly. Now deglaze with the liquid cream, mix everything well and simmer for 10 minutes at low heat.400 ml liquid cream, 25 g tomato paste
- Meanwhile, add the penne to the boiling salted water. Once the pasta is al dente, drain it in a colander and then add it directly to the sauce in the pan. Season with salt to taste, mix everything thoroughly and let it infuse briefly.400 g penne
- Finally, arrange the finished pasta on deep plates. Season with freshly ground pepper and serve immediately hot and enjoy.Buon appetito!
Similar recipes to Penne al baffo con tonno
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.