Sugo di pomodoro
This delicious classic sauce for pasta is known under different names, such as Salsa di pomodoro alla napoletana, Ragu alla napoletana or even Sugo di pomodoro. The recipe, however, is always the same. This ancient dish with tomatoes and basil is just simple, but a highlight of Neapolitan cuisine.
- 400 g peeled tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp basil chopped
- 25 ml olive oil extra virgin
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and saute the whole peeled garlic cloves until translucent.
- Then deglaze with the peeled tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and simmer on a low heat for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally during this process.
- Then remove the garlic cloves from the sauce.
- Finely chop the basil and add to the sauce. Stir everything well and simmer gently for another 5 minutes.
- Now the delicious sauce can be used with any type of pasta!Buon appetito!