This post is also available in: Deutsch English Italiano
Sugo di pomodoro
This delicious classic sauce for pasta & co is known under different names, such as Salsa di pomodoro alla napoletana, Ragu alla napoletana or even Sugo di pomodoro. The recipe, however, is always the same. This ancient dish with tomatoes and basil is just simple, but still a brand of Neapolitan cuisine.
Probably the most popular pasta sauce in the world!
- 400 g peeled tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp basil chopped
- 25 ml olive oil extra virgin
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and saute the whole peeled garlic cloves until translucent.
- Then deglaze with the peeled tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and simmer on a low heat for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally during this process.
- Then remove the garlic cloves from the sauce.
- Finely chop the basil and add to the sauce. Stir everything well and simmer gently for another 5 minutes.
- Now the delicious sauce can be used with any type of pasta!Buon appetito!
The sauce keeps in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 3 days!
Calories: 75kcal (4%)Carbohydrates: 5g (2%)Protein: 1g (2%)Fat: 6g (9%)Saturated fatty acids: 1g (5%)
If you like tomato sauce, you may also like these recipes
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the tomato sauce?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.