This post is also available in: Deutsch English Italiano
Pesto di asparagi
A delicious pesto made from asparagus and basil – super tasty!
- 200 g green asparagus
- 20 basil leaves
- 40 g pine nuts
- 50 g pecorino cheese grated (shop here)
- 50 g parmesan cheese grated (shop here)
- 150 ml olive oil extra virgin
- First remove the woody ends of the asparagus. Peel the stalks a little to remove impurities. Then wash thoroughly.
- Bring a pot with water and a little salt to a boil and cook the asparagus in it for about 20 minutes. Then remove it, drain and leave to cool.
- Then put the cooked asparagus in the cup of the hand blender. Grate the parmesan and pecorino and add to the cup along with the pine nuts and basil.
- Add a little olive oil and mix gently on low speed with the hand blender. Gradually add the remaining olive oil until the pesto has a nice creamy consistency. Finally, season with salt and enjoy!
If you put the pesto in a small jar and seal it with a layer of olive oil, it will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. The asparagus pesto tastes great with any kind of pasta, but also as a delicious spread on bread!
Calories: 507kcal (25%)Carbohydrates: 4g (1%)Protein: 11g (22%)Fat: 51g (78%)Saturated fatty acids: 10g (50%)Cholesterol: 22mg (7%)
If you like asparagus pesto, you might also like these recipes…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the asparagus pesto?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.