Pesto di asparagi
A delicious pesto made from asparagus and basil – super tasty!
Amount 4 servings
- 200 g green asparagus
- 20 basil leaves
- 40 g pine nuts
- 50 g pecorino cheese grated
- 50 g parmesan cheese grated
- 150 ml olive oil extra virgin
- First remove the woody ends of the asparagus. Peel the stalks a little to remove impurities. Then wash thoroughly.
- Bring a pot with water and a little salt to a boil and cook the asparagus in it for about 20 minutes. Then remove it, drain and leave to cool.
- Then put the cooked asparagus in the cup of the hand blender. Grate the parmesan and pecorino and add to the cup along with the pine nuts and basil.
- Add a little olive oil and mix gently on low speed with the hand blender. Gradually add the remaining olive oil until the pesto has a nice creamy consistency. Finally, season with salt and enjoy!
If you put the pesto in a small jar and seal it with a layer of olive oil, it will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. The asparagus pesto tastes great with any kind of pasta, but also as a delicious spread on bread!
Calories: 507kcal (25%)Carbohydrates: 4g (1%)Protein: 11g (22%)Fat: 51g (78%)Saturated fatty acids: 10g (50%)Cholesterol: 22mg (7%)