This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Pesto alla siciliana
This Sicilian pesto recipe is a nice alternative to the popular classic pesto alla genovese. The delicious taste of the fruity tomatoes complements here perfectly with the fresh basil. The special feature of this pesto is the preparation with creamy ricotta. This recipe is very easy and can be prepared in no time. Let’s go…
A delicious pesto made from fresh tomatoes and basil – simply heavenly!
- 500 g vine tomatoes
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- 50 g parmesan cheese grated
- 50 g pine nuts
- 150 ml Olive oil extra virgin
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 clove garlic
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in half. Remove the seeds and liquid from the half tomatoes with a spoon. Wash and dry the basil.
- Now add the tomato halves, basil, pine nuts, ricotta, parmesan and the peeled garlic clove to the bowl of the hand blender.
- Add a little olive oil and mix gently on low speed with the hand blender. Gradually add the remaining olive oil until the pesto has a nice creamy consistency.
- Now just season with salt and pepper and the delicious pesto can be used!Buon appetito!
If you put the pesto in a small jar and seal it with a layer of olive oil, it will keep for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
Calories: 608kcal (30%)Carbohydrates: 6.5g (2%)Protein: 7.7g (15%)Fat: 60.7g (93%)
If you like the Sicilian pesto, you might also like these recipes….
Looking for original Italian ingredients for your Sicilian pesto recipe?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.