This post is also available in: Deutsch English Italiano
Pesto di pistacchi
A delicious pesto made from aromatic pistachios!
- 100 g pistachios unsalted
- 2 leaves basil
- 50 ml water
- ½ lemon peel
- 1 clove garlic
- 15 g parmesan cheese grated (shop here)
- 50 ml olive oil extra virgin
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- First, put the peeled pistachios in a pot of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Then pour them into a sieve and drain well. Remove the dark skin of each pistachio.
- Now put the skinned pistachios in the blender. Then add the olive oil, the grated parmesan cheese, the basil, the clove of garlic and some grated lemon peel.
- Now blend thoroughly for a few seconds and then add the water. Season with salt and pepper and blend again until the pesto has a nice creamy consistency.
- The aromatic pesto can now be used with any type of pasta or even as a delicious spread.Buon appetito!
If you put the pesto in a small jar and seal it with a layer of olive oil, it will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Calories: 258kcal (13%)Carbohydrates: 7g (2%)Protein: 6g (12%)Fat: 24g (37%)Saturated fatty acids: 4g (20%)Cholesterol: 3mg (1%)
Did you like the pistachio pesto? Then you might also like these delicious recipes…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the pistachio pesto?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.