This tasty pasta recipe is a copy of the famous gnocchi alla sorrentina. Here, however, we save ourselves some time and instead of homemade gnocchi take a nice package of fusilli. Taste-wise, this casserole is in no way inferior to the original…. but I would say we just try it ourselves…. here we go!
- First, heat some olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the peeled garlic and sauté lightly. Deglaze with the strained tomatoes, add chopped basil to taste. Season with salt and mix well. Simmer on low heat with the lid closed for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally during this process.
- In the meantime, bring a pot of well-salted water to the boil and cook the fusilli al dente. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F top/bottom heat.
- Drain the mozzarella and cut into small cubes.
- Once the sauce has simmered long enough and the pasta is ready, drain it directly into the sauce with a slotted spoon. Remove the garlic and mix everything thoroughly.
- Then put about half of it in a large baking dish. Spread half of the mozzarella cubes and half of the parmesan cheese evenly on top.
- Put the remaining pasta in the baking dish and spread the remaining cheese on top. Then place in the oven and bake on the highest rack for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Finally, remove from the oven and serve hot!Buon appetito!
Did you like the Sorrentina pasta? May we show you some more delicious dishes…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the Sorrentina pasta?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.