As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Spaghetti allo scoglio
- First remove damaged and empty mussels. Gently tap the remaining mussels against a cutting board. The clean mussels remain closed, while the sand-filled mussels open. Place the clean mussels in a colander, rinse thoroughly and drain.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan. Add the mussels to the hot pan. Simmer for a few minutes over high heat with the lid closed. Swirl the pan from time to time.
- The mussels will open with the heat. Once they have all opened, remove the pan from the heat. Now drain the mussels in a colander and collect the juice from the mussels in a bowl below. Separate the meat of the mussels from the shell and place in a bowl. While doing this, check for impurities and clean again if necessary. Keep a few shells as decoration.
- Now rinse the squid tubes under clear water and dry them. Then cut into thin rings.
- If necessary, remove the shell and head from the shrimps, wash them and remove the black intestines.
- Also wash and dry the cherry tomatoes and then cut them into quarters. Peel the garlic and cut into fine strips. Finely chop the parsley.
- Now bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- In the meantime, heat a dash of olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté the garlic. Then add the squid rings, salt a little and fry for 5 minutes.
- Then deglaze with the white wine and let the alcohol evaporate. Now add the cherry tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- At this point, add the spaghetti to the boiling salted water and cook until very al dente.
- Meanwhile, also add the shrimps to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti directly into the pan. Now also add about a ladle of the previously collected mussel juice to the pan. Add the mussels and the chopped parsley as well, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix everything thoroughly.
- Finally, place on deep plates, decorate with a few shells and enjoy.Buon appetito!
If you liked seafood pasta, you might also like these recipes
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the seafood pasta?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.