This post is also available in: Deutsch English
This recipe was born more or less out of necessity, when one day I opened the fridge and found only a piece of salami a few olives and a cup of cream. And of course the stores were already closed. Fortunately, however, as a typical Italian, I always have enough cans of tomatoes in stock. So quickly collected a few more ingredients in the house, put everything together by intuition and experience and out came this wonderful aromatic pasta.
- 500 g spaghetti
- 300 g salami e.g. Salsiccia piccante
- 100 g olives pitted
- 20 ml brandy
- 200 ml liquid cream
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 hot pepper dried
- 10 g basil
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- Peel and dice the onion and sauté in a large frying pan with a dash of olive oil.
- Remove the skin from the salami if necessary and roughly dice. Add to the onions in the pan and fry lightly for a short time.
- Deglaze with the brandy and allow to reduce briefly. Add the liquid cream and the chopped tomatoes, mix well and bring to the boil. Crumble in the dried hot pepper, add sugar and season with salt and pepper. Simmer on low until the pasta is cooked.
- Meanwhile, add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Cut the olives into small rings and finely chop the fresh basil. Just before the pasta is ready, add both to the sauce along with a dash of pasta water and mix well.
- Drain the finished pasta, then add it directly to the sauce, mix everything thoroughly and let it simmer for a few seconds.
- Finally, divide among deep plates and serve hot.Buon appetito!
We hope you liked the salami pasta with olives! Do you already know these great recipes?
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the salami pasta with olives?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.