As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Pasta allo scarpariello
Cherry tomatoes, Italian cheese and fragrant basil in abundance. A quick and delicious pasta that is part of the Neapolitan tradition, born decades ago in the alleys of the Spanish quarter in Naples. This pasta is a real delicacy thanks to its fresh and fragrant ingredients!
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil.
- Peel the garlic and cut into thin slices. Finely chop the hot pepper. Wash the cherry tomatoes, shake dry and cut into quarters.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan and briefly sauté the garlic and chopped hot pepper. Then add the cherry tomatoes and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Now add a ladle of pasta water and a few basil leaves to the tomatoes in the pan, season with salt and mix well. Continue to simmer on medium heat.
- Using pasta tongs, drain the finished pasta directly into the pan and add another ladle of pasta water. Turn off the heat and add the grated pecorino and parmesan and mix everything thoroughly. Add a little more pasta water if needed and continue whisking until you have a nice creamy sauce.
- Finally, arrange on deep plates, garnish with more leaves of fresh basil and serve immediately.Buon appetito!
We hope you enjoyed the scarpariello pasta! Here are a few more recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the scarpariello pasta?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.