This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Pasta allo scarpariello
Cherry tomatoes, Italian cheese and fragrant basil in abundance. A quick and delicious pasta that is part of the Neapolitan tradition, born decades ago in the alleys of the Spanish quarter in Naples. This pasta is a real delicacy thanks to its fresh and fragrant ingredients!
A simple, delicious and super fast vegetarian pasta!
- 400 g spaghetti
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 hot pepper
- 30 g pecorino cheese grated (shop here)
- 30 g parmesan cheese grated (shop here)
- basil to taste
- olive oil extra virgin
- salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil.
- Peel the garlic and cut into thin slices. Finely chop the hot pepper. Wash the cherry tomatoes, shake dry and cut into quarters.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan and briefly sauté the garlic and chopped hot pepper. Then add the cherry tomatoes and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Now add a ladle of pasta water and a few basil leaves to the tomatoes in the pan, season with salt and mix well. Continue to simmer on medium heat.
- Using pasta tongs, drain the finished pasta directly into the pan and add another ladle of pasta water. Turn off the heat and add the grated pecorino and parmesan and mix everything thoroughly. Add a little more pasta water if needed and continue whisking until you have a nice creamy sauce.
- Finally, arrange on deep plates, garnish with more leaves of fresh basil and serve immediately.Buon appetito!
If you don’t like the taste of pecorino, just leave it out and use the double amount of parmesan instead.
Serving: 250gCalories: 453kcal (23%)Carbohydrates: 80g (27%)Protein: 19g (38%)Fat: 6g (9%)Saturated fatty acids: 3g (15%)Cholesterol: 13mg (4%)
We hope you enjoyed the scarpariello pasta! Here are a few more recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the scarpariello pasta?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.