As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ravioli di zucca
- First, cut the pumpkin into eighths and remove the inner seeds. Then cut into slices and place on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Now place in the oven for 20 minutes at 430°F/220°C top/bottom heat, so that the pumpkin becomes nice and soft. Check from time to time so that it does not turn black. Then remove and leave to cool.
- Then remove the pulp from the peel, put it in a potato ricer and press it into a large bowl. Finely chop the Amarettini cookies and add to the pumpkin mash together with the pear mustard, the egg yolk and the grated parmesan. Season with a pinch of salt and nutmeg and mix thoroughly.
- Now cover the filling with cling film and place in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours or overnight. This allows the flavors to combine and develop nicely.
- The next day, add wheat flour, eggs, olive oil, lukewarm water and salt to the mixing bowl of a stand mixer and knead for about 7 minutes.
- Then shape the dough into a ball and return it to the bowl. Cover with a cloth and let rest for 30 minutes.
- After resting, roll out the dough thinly on a floured surface. Then cut into oblong strips. Make sure that the dough strips are slightly wider than the ravioli cutter used.
- Now always put a heap of the filling with enough distance to each other in the middle of the strips. Then place another strip right on top of it. Now press the cutter down firmly on each ravioli to cut off the dough and seal the filling inside. Repeat this process for the remaining ravioli.
- Cook the filled ravioli ultimately for about 3 minutes in boiling salted water and enjoy fresh.
If you like pumpkin ravioli, you may also like these delicacies
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the pumpkin ravioli?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.