This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Asparagus time is the most beautiful time… or how was that? In any case, I love green asparagus! The other day we have already conjured up a delicious asparagus salad from it. But today I want something heartier! So we prepare beautiful pasta with paccheri, asparagus, cherry tomatoes and prosciutto cotto. It is refined with a nice white wine reduction and finished with some freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano!
- 400 g paccheri
- 350 g green asparagus
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 100 g cooked ham
- 30 g butter
- 1 onion small
- parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Wash the asparagus and cut off the woody part of the stalk. Then cut into pieces of about the same length of 1cm/½in. Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes.350 g green asparagus
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and blanch the asparagus in it for about 5 minutes until it has reached the desired firmness. Then drain and allow to cool briefly.
- Bring another pot of well-salted water to a boil and cook the paccheri al dente.400 g paccheri
- Peel the onion, chop finely and brown lightly in a pan with the butter. Then add the asparagus pieces, season with salt and pepper and sauté briefly.30 g butter, 1 onion, salt, pepper
- Then deglaze with the white wine and let it reduce a little. Cut the ham into strips and add to the pan together with the cherry tomatoes. Mix everything well and turn off the heat.200 ml dry white wine, 100 g cooked ham, 100 g cherry tomatoes
- Drain the finished paccheri. Then add directly to the pan, mix gently and let rest for a short time.
- Finally, place in deep plates, sprinkle with grated parmesan and serve.Buon appetito!parmesan cheese
Did you like the pasta with asparagus and ham? Then maybe you will like this too…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for pasta with asparagus and ham?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.