Asparagus time is the most beautiful time… or how was that? In any case, I love green asparagus! The other day we have already conjured up a delicious asparagus salad from it. But today I want something heartier! So we prepare beautiful pasta with paccheri, asparagus, cherry tomatoes and prosciutto cotto. It is refined with a nice white wine reduction and finished with some freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano!
- Wash the asparagus and cut off the woody part of the stalk. Then cut into pieces of about the same length of 1cm/½in. Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes.350 g green asparagus
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and blanch the asparagus in it for about 5 minutes until it has reached the desired firmness. Then drain and allow to cool briefly.
- Bring another pot of well-salted water to a boil and cook the paccheri al dente.400 g paccheri
- Peel the onion, chop finely and brown lightly in a pan with the butter. Then add the asparagus pieces, season with salt and pepper and sauté briefly.30 g butter, 1 onion, salt, pepper
- Then deglaze with the white wine and let it reduce a little. Cut the ham into strips and add to the pan together with the cherry tomatoes. Mix everything well and turn off the heat.200 ml dry white wine, 100 g cooked ham, 100 g cherry tomatoes
- Drain the finished paccheri. Then add directly to the pan, mix gently and let rest for a short time.
- Finally, place in deep plates, sprinkle with grated parmesan and serve.Buon appetito!parmesan cheese