As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you ready to discover the taste of sun-ripened eggplant in oil? Our recipe for pickled eggplant will delight you with its simplicity and versatility.
Eggplants in oil are a classic, appreciated in many Mediterranean cuisines. With just a few ingredients such as eggplant, olive oil, garlic, vinegar and herbs, you can prepare an aromatic dish.
Whether as a delicious appetizer with a glass of wine, as a simple side dish with pasta or grilled meat, or as an ingredient for salads, sandwiches and bruschetta. Pickled eggplant is the perfect choice. Try this simple recipe and experience the full pleasure of Mediterranean cuisine.
- First peel the eggplants and remove the ends. Then cut into slice and these then into thin strips.1 kg eggplants
- Now put the eggplant strips in a large bowl, salt generously and mix thoroughly. Then cover with a plate and weigh down with a weight. Then leave to rest for 12 hours. This process removes the liquid and the bitter substances from the eggplants.
- After resting, drain the eggplants in a colander and drain thoroughly. Then bring a large pot with the water and vinegar to a boil and blanch the eggplant strips in it for about 3 minutes.500 ml white wine vinegar, 750 ml water
- Now drain the eggplants in a colander and let them drain. Then transfer to a dry tea towel so that it absorbs the remaining liquid. Let the strips cool completely.
- In the meantime, peel and finely slice the garlic. Now put the cooled eggplant strips together with the garlic and some rosemary into clean disinfected preserving jars.2 cloves garlic
- Now fill the jars with olive oil. Gently tap the jar on the table several times to remove air pockets. Then add olive oil again and cover completely. Close the jar completely and leave to infuse for 7 days.
- After a week, the delicious pickled eggplant can be served.Buon appetito!
Similar recipes to pickled eggplant
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.