Fagottini di asparagi
A delicious appetizer for spring!
- Wash the asparagus thoroughly under running water, cut off the woody part of the stalk and peel the lower third. Peel the garlic and finely slice the fresh chili.
- Heat a dash of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and briefly sauté the whole clove of garlic and the chili slices. Then add the asparagus and sauté for a few minutes.
- Then remove the garlic and turn off the heat. Now add a little lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Mix everything well and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the egg yolks and cream in a small bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into four rectangles of equal size. Then turn each piece of puff pastry toward you so that it forms a diamond. Place five pieces of asparagus, tips up, in the center of each diamond and spread a handful of grated mozzarella on top of the asparagus spears.
- Now brush the open spaces on the left and right sides of the puff pastry with some of the egg-cream mixture. Then fold the right side over the asparagus towards the center. Then fold the left side of the pastry over it as well and press down lightly, creating a bundle so that the asparagus fits snugly.
- Now transfer the asparagus bundles to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, brush the surfaces with the egg-cream mixture, and sprinkle with poppy seeds if desired.
- Finally, bake in a preheated oven at 220°C top/bottom heat for about 10 minutes. Then serve and enjoy hot.Buon appetito!
Calories: 438kcal (22%)Carbohydrates: 28g (9%)Protein: 11g (22%)Fat: 31g (48%)Saturated fatty acids: 11g (55%)Cholesterol: 77mg (26%)
I hope you enjoyed my asparagus puff pastry! Here are some more delicious recipes for you…
Recommendation for asparagus puff pastry
OXO Good Grips Pro Hard Anodized PFOA-Free Nonstick 12″ Frying Pan Skillet, Dishwasher Safe, Oven Safe, Stainless Steel Handle, Black
- Cook’s Illustrated’s highest rated nonstick skillet
- Durable, hard anodized body delivers excellent heat conduction and scratch resistance
- Three layer, PFOA free, German engineered nonstick coating for years of performance using less oil
- Comfortable stainless steel handles
- Oven safe up to 430°F/220°C
- Dishwasher safe
- Rolled edges for drip free pouring
- Compatible with most stovetops, except induction