As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Cipolle ripiene alla ligure
Are you ready for a culinary trip to the beautiful Ligurian coast? Then our traditional recipe for delicious Ligurian-style stuffed onions might be just the thing for you!
These are filled with a delicious mixture of potatoes, zucchinis, parmesan and mortadella, sprinkled with breadcrumbs and baked until golden brown. The result is a dish that is both hearty and very aromatic. Serve them as a tasty little starter at a special dinner, or serve them as a side dish with fish and meat. The stuffed onions are sure to delight you!
- First, bring a large pan with plenty of salted water to the boil.
- In the meantime, peel the onions and cut them in half lengthways. Then place in the boiling water and blanch for 5 minutes.4 white onions
- Then remove with a slotted spoon and leave to drain. Now separate the onion layers, save the onion hearts and leave everything to cool briefly.
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes, cut into small pieces and cook in boiling water until soft. Wash the zucchinis and remove the ends. Cut into small cubes and add to the potatoes for the last 10 minutes. Add the onion hearts 5 minutes before the end.600 g potatoes, 300 g zucchinis
- Drain the vegetables in a sieve. Then place in a large bowl, mash to a soft paste with a potato masher and leave to cool briefly.
- Finely chop the mortadella and add to the vegetable mash together with the grated parmesan and the egg.50 g mortadella, 60 g parmesan cheese, 1 egg
- Now season with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg, add a dash of olive oil and mix everything thoroughly.
- Preheat the static oven to 200°C/390°F and prepare a baking dish greased with olive oil.
- In the meantime, fill the onion skins with the prepared mixture and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Place the stuffed onions in the oven dish, place in the oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Finally, remove and serve hot as a starter or side dish.Buon appetito!
Similar recipes to stuffed onions
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.