Very simple and absolutely fantastico!
Pasta al baffo is a delicious Italian pasta dish that stands out for its creamy tomato and cream sauce. The name “al baffo” probably comes from the Italian phrase “da leccarsi i baffi”, which means “so good that you will lick your whiskers”.
The sauce is rich, thick and creamy. It combines fruity tomato paste, hearty ham and creamy whipped cream to create a flavorful yet simple pasta.
The pasta al baffo is a real treat and shows Italian cuisine at its best. With just a few ingredients and little effort, you can whip up a delicious dish that will tantalize your taste buds and tempt you to lick your mustache!
- First, bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil.
- In the meantime, wash, dry and finely chop the parsley. Cut the ham first into strips and then into small pieces.100 g cooked ham
- Heat a dash of olive oil in a large skillet and brown the ham briefly.
- Add the tomato paste and sauté briefly. Now deglaze with the liquid cream, mix everything well and simmer for 10 minutes at low heat.400 ml liquid cream, 25 g tomato paste
- Meanwhile, add the penne to the boiling salted water. Once the pasta is al dente, drain it in a colander and then add it directly to the sauce in the pan. Add chopped parsley to taste, season with salt, mix everything thoroughly and leave to infuse briefly.400 g penne
- Finally, arrange the finished pasta on deep plates. Garnish with more parsley and season with freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately hot and enjoy.Buon appetito!
If you liked the pasta al baffo, you may also like these recipes
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.