Now I’m sure the first thing you thought was, “Pasta and radicchio? Does that even go together?” And I’m telling you, yes! The slight bitterness of the radicchio complements the fried bacon perfectly. Topped off with a creamy sauce made from cream and strained tomatoes. But just convince yourself 😉
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Cut the bacon into small cubes. Remove the outer leaves and the hard part of the stem from the radicchio. Then cut in half lengthwise and cut into thin strips.
- Sweat the chopped onion in a pan with a dash of olive oil over low heat for a few minutes.
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil and cook the tagliatelle al dente.
- Add the bacon cubes to the pan and cook for about 4 minutes. Deglaze with the liquid cream and the strained tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste, mix everything thoroughly. Bring to the boil briefly and then simmer over a gentle heat.
- Drain the finished pasta and then add it directly to the sauce in the pan. Add the radicchio stripes, mix everything together thoroughly and let it simmer for a few seconds.
- Finally, arrange on deep plates and serve hot.Buon appetito!
We hope you liked the radicchio pasta! Try also these great recipes….
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the radicchio pasta?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.