This post is also available in: Deutsch English Italiano
Confettura di fichi
Italy is known for its delicious and varied jams. One of them is fig jam, which is a popular delicacy in many Italian regions. The subtle sweetness of figs, combined with the slightly sour note of lemon juice and zest, gives this jam a distinctive taste. Whether used as a spread for breakfast, as a topping on yogurt or as an accompaniment to cheese and salami, this jam is versatile and goes perfectly with many dishes. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to easily make your own Italian fig jam.
- 300 g figs
- 125 g sugar
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 4 g lemon zest
- 20 ml water
- First, thoroughly wash the figs, peel them and remove the stems. Then cut into quarters and set aside.
- Now grate approx. 4g (0.1oz) of zest from a well-washed organic lemon and set aside. Squeeze the lemon and collect the required 15ml (1tbsp) juice.
- Now put the figs in a cooking pot with the extracted lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and water.
- Heat the mixture, stirring constantly, and simmer for about 10 minutes. Skim off the foam that forms on the surface with the help of a skimmer.
- Then remove from heat and leave to cool. On the surface should form a thin skin, which must be mixed with the jam.
- The fig jam is now ready and can be enjoyed.Buon appetito!
Did you like the fig jam? Then you might also like these delicious recipes…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the fig jam?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.