Torta al limone
This very popular cake is a really fresh dessert. Very simple to prepare, but delicious in taste. In Italy we eat this not only in the afternoon with coffee, but also like to have it for breakfast.
Tip: When using your ingredients, make sure to use untreated and preferably organic lemons to perfectly bring out the best flavor and aroma of the main ingredient.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F top/bottom heat.
- First take the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites. Squeeze the lemons and collect the juice.
- Put the flour, sugar, softened butter, baking powder, some lemon zest, the lemon juice and the egg yolk in the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and mix thoroughly with the dough hook.
- In the meantime, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff.
- Now add the beaten egg whites to the dough mixture and gently fold them in.
- Prepare a 9in/24cm Ø springform pan and grease it with a little softened butter. Spread the dough evenly on the bottom.
- Now put the cake in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Then remove and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar to taste before serving.Buon appetito!
Did you like the lemon cake recipe? Here are some more beautiful recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the lemon cake?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.