Torta al limone
This very popular cake is a really fresh dessert. Very simple to prepare, but delicious in taste. In Italy we eat this not only in the afternoon with coffee, but also like to have it for breakfast.
Tip: When using your ingredients, make sure to use untreated and preferably organic lemons to perfectly bring out the best flavor and aroma of the main ingredient.
For a springform pan with 9in/24cm Ø
- 2 lemon organic
- 150 g flour
- 120 g cornstarch
- 220 g butter
- 250 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 packet baking powder
- powdered sugar to taste
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F top/bottom heat.
- First take the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites. Squeeze the lemons and collect the juice.
- Put the flour, sugar, softened butter, baking powder, some lemon zest, the lemon juice and the egg yolk in the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and mix thoroughly with the dough hook.
- In the meantime, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff.
- Now add the beaten egg whites to the dough mixture and gently fold them in.
- Prepare a 9in/24cm Ø springform pan and grease it with a little softened butter. Spread the dough evenly on the bottom.
- Now put the cake in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Then remove and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar to taste before serving.Buon appetito!
Did you like my lemon cake recipe? Here are some more beautiful cakes for you…
Preparation recommendation for my lemon cake
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
- 10-speed slide control ranges from a very fast whip to a very slow stir
- Includes Flat Beater, Dough Hook and Wire Whip
- Power Hub for Additional Attachments,Volts- 120
- Unique Mixing Action. Hub cover – non-hinged
- Assembled with Pride in Greenville, Ohio
- Choose from all the color options to find the one that best matches your style and personality.
- The power hub turns your stand mixer into a culinary center with more than 15 optional attachments available.