This post is also available in: Deutsch English Italiano
Pasta al pesto di melanzane
This time we prepare a delicious pasta dish with an extraordinary pesto. For this we use, among other things, fresh eggplant, walnuts, basil and a dash of lemon juice. This gives us a perfect balance of freshness and flavor in the taste! The creamy and soft pesto harmonizes best with long pasta like linguine, but also with simple spaghetti or even tagliatelle.
Are you convinced? Bravissimo, then let’s bring the eggplant pesto pasta on your plate!
- 500 g Linguine
- 1 kg eggplants
- 10 leaves basil
- 50 g walnuts
- 30 g parmesan cheese grated (shop here)
- 50 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 15 ml lemon juice
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- First, thoroughly wash and dry the eggplants. Then place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and prick them several times with a fork. Then put them in the preheated convection oven and cook for about 45 minutes at 220°C/430°F.
- Remove the eggplants from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil and cook the linguine al dente.
- Once the eggplants have cooled, cut them in half, scrape out the flesh with a spoon and place in the bowl of the hand blender.
- Grate the Parmesan and add to the bowl along with the walnuts, lemon juice and basil.
- Add a little olive oil and mix gently on low speed with the hand blender. Gradually add the remaining olive oil until the pesto has a nice creamy consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Skim off a ladle of pasta water and set aside. Drain the finished pasta and return it to the pot. Add the freshly prepared pesto, as well as the pasta water and mix everything thoroughly.
- Finally, arrange on deep plates, garnish with basil leaves and walnuts as desired and serve hot.Buon appetito!
Did you like the eggplant pesto pasta? Then you might also like these delicious recipes…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the eggplant pesto pasta?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.