Lasagne con la zucca
Vegetarian Pumpkin Lasagna is an absolutely delicious, rich and tasty recipe of Italian pasta cuisine. This is especially good for cold autumn days, a scary Halloween party and, of course, for the Christmas holidays with the family.
Ingredients for a 20x30cm/13in lasagna pan
For the pumpkin
- First, quarter the pumpkin, remove the seeds and the inner strings. Also remove the outer skin with the help of a knife or peeler. Then cut into cubes of about 1cm/0.4in.
- Heat the olive oil in a high pot. Peel and halve the garlic and sauté in the oil. Finely chop the rosemary twig and add it. Then add the diced pumpkin and brown lightly over medium heat.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, mix well and cook with lid closed and low heat for about 15 minutes until soft. Stir from time to time.
- In the meantime, prepare the bechamel. To do this, heat the milk in a pot. In another pot, melt the butter over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and add the flour. Stir vigorously with a whisk to obtain a lump-free mixture. Return the pot to the stove and brown everything slightly.
- Once the milk is hot, season with a little grated nutmeg and a pinch of salt. Then add to the butter-flour mixture and stir vigorously with a whisk to thicken over low heat. The mixture must be homogeneous and free of lumps. Cook the béchamel sauce over low heat for about 5-6 minutes until creamy.
- Cut the scamorza and mozzarella into small cubes.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked until soft, add half of it to the béchamel sauce and mix thoroughly.
- Now prepare a baking dish or a rectangular lasagna pan measuring 30x20cm/13in. Spread a little of the bechamel-pumpkin sauce evenly all over the bottom of the dish.
- Lay out the lasagna sheets on top and cover with the bechamel-pumpkin sauce. Now spread some diced scamorza and mozzarella cheese on top. Also add a few cubes of pumpkin and sprinkle with some grated parmesan.
- Then start a new layer with lasagna sheets and repeat the process. For all layers, alternate stacking lasagna sheets, bechamel pumpkin sauce, and cheese and pumpkin cubes.
- In total, this should create 4 layers. Finish with the cheese and pumpkin cubes layer and sprinkle the entire surface with plenty of grated parmesan.
- Now bake the lasagna in a preheated oven at 180°C/360°F top / bottom heat for about 30 minutes. The pumpkin lasagna is ready when a light golden crust has formed on the surface. Finally, remove from the oven and allow to cool briefly.Buon appetito!
If you liked my pumpkin lasagna, you might also like these delicious dishes….
Don’t you have all the ingredients for the lasagna at home?
Then we recommend you our preferred dealer
for Italian gourmet food!
Supermarketitaly.com is the online store for Italian delicacies. Italian cuisine is one of the most popular cuisines around the globe. Variety and enjoyment are at the heart of the “bella cucina italiana”. This offers you a wide range of Italian delicacies, from excellent Italian coffee to tasty Italian ham, salami and cheese specialties to the finest antipasti, original Italian pasta and first-class Italian olive oil. The exquisite range is rounded off by an extensive organic assortment of Italian specialties.