This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Veluttata di zucca Hokkaido
A tasty and warming meal with fresh pumpkin
- 1 kg Hokkaido pumpkin
- 800 ml vegetable broth
- 100 g leeks
- 100 ml liquid cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- First wash the leeks and then cut them into rings. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the leek rings until translucent. Then deglaze with a ladle of vegetable stock.
- In the meantime, peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and then cut into cubes. Now add the pumpkin cubes to the pot and sweat for a few minutes. Fill with the remaining vegetable broth and simmer over medium heat for about 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then season with a pinch of nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Now add the liquid cream and puree thoroughly with a hand blender until a smooth cream is formed.
- Now press the cream through a large close-meshed sieve into another pot to obtain a velvety smooth soup. Bring everything to the boil again.
- Pour the hot soup into deep plates, garnish with a dash of liquid cream and freshly ground pepper and serve directly.Buon appetito!
Calories: 180kcal (9%)Carbohydrates: 23g (8%)Protein: 3g (6%)Fat: 10g (15%)Saturated fatty acids: 6g (30%)Cholesterol: 34mg (11%)
Did you like my creamy pumpkin soup? Here are some more nice recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the creamy pumpkin soup?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.