This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Zuppa di castagne con latte e schiuma di tartufo
This deliciously fragrant soup with its intense flavors is the perfect appetizer for festive occasions. In Italy, it is mostly prepared on Christmas holidays. A feast for all the senses!
A soup with a special fragrance and intense flavors!
- 250 g chestnuts peeled and precooked
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 700 ml vegetable broth
- 100 ml liquid cream
- 1 onion
- 30 g butter
- 50 ml milk 3,5% fat
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- truffle oil to taste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Peel and finely dice the onion. Cut the peeled and pre-cooked chestnuts into small pieces.
- Heat the butter in a high cooking pot and sauté the onion cubes briefly. Add the chestnuts and fry lightly over medium heat.
- Deglaze with the white wine and stir thoroughly to loosen the dregs. Allow the wine to reduce slightly.
- Deglaze with the vegetable broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then add the liquid cream, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Then carefully blend with a hand blender to a creamy soup and simmer gently for another 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the milk with a milk frother.
- Finally, pour the soup into deep plates or bowls. Spread the milk foam on the soup and drip some truffle oil on the foam.Buon appetito!
If you like, you can garnish the soup with freshly chopped parsley.
Serving: 180gCalories: 151.5kcal (8%)Carbohydrates: 15g (5%)Protein: 1.8g (4%)Fat: 8.1g (12%)
We hope you enjoyed my chestnut soup! Here are a few more delicious recipes for you….
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the chestnut soup?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.
1 thought on “Chestnut soup with milk truffle foam”
Great tasting! easy to make. I just wish I had doubled the recipe. It says it serves 4, but it only served 2 people (but we had this as our main dish). I will make it again.