This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Vellutata di funghi porcini, stile della nonna
This deliciously fragrant soup with its intense flavors was prepared by my nonna mostly on cold winter days. A real treat for the palate. Since porcini mushrooms have always been very expensive, she has used a little simple trick to bring the whole thing a little cheaper on the table. How, I tell you below in my tips 🙂
A soup with a special fragrance and intense flavors!
- 400 g porcini mushrooms or
- 150 g dried porcini mushrooms (shop here)
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 200 ml liquid cream
- 100 g leeks
- 160 g potatoes
- 100 g carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion
- olive oil extra virgin
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- parsley to taste
- Thoroughly clean and slice the porcini mushrooms. (Or soak the dried porcini mushrooms in warm water for about 30 minutes).
- Peel and finely dice the potatoes. Clean the leeks. Remove the green part and the root. Then cut into thin rings. Peel the carrot, onion and garlic and cut into small pieces.
- Heat a dash of olive oil in a high pot and briefly sauté leek, carrot, onion and garlic. Add the potatoes and porcini mushrooms and sauté over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Then add the vegetable broth and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the liquid cream and simmer for another 5 minutes. Then carefully process with a hand blender to a creamy soup.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer on low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, pour the soup into deep plates or bowls and garnish with chopped parsley to taste.Buon appetito!
Porcini mushrooms are very expensive! If you want to prepare this dish cheaper, but still do not want to miss the typical taste, simply replace 3/4 of the porcini with fresh mushrooms. Chanterelles are also perfectly suitable as a combination.
Serving: 279.8gCalories: 130.4kcal (7%)Carbohydrates: 6.3g (2%)Protein: 6.4g (13%)Fat: 6.5g (10%)
We hope you enjoyed the cream of porcini mushroom soup! Here are a few more delicious recipes for you….
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the cream of porcini mushroom soup?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.