This post is also available in: Deutsch English
What a cold day! It makes you want to crawl under the covers and stay in bed all day. But something delicious to eat wouldn’t be bad either! We need something very simple… but it should also taste good… and of course it should be fresh… hmmm… a soup, perfetto! Allora… let’s whip up a delicious Vellutata di zucchine…. andiamo!
A very simple and fine soup with leeks and zucchini!
- 1 kg zucchini
- 200 g leeks
- 50 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 300 ml vegetable broth
- 100 ml liquid cream
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Peel the leeks, remove the ends and cut into thin rings. Wash the zucchini as well and remove the two ends. Then cut into coarse slices.1 kg zucchini, 200 g leeks
- Heat the olive oil in a pot and sweat the leek rings in it for about 4 minutes. Add the zucchini slices, season with salt and pepper, mix well and cook on high heat for 5 minutes.50 ml olive oil extra virgin, salt, pepper
- Deglaze with vegetable broth and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.300 ml vegetable broth
- Then finely puree with a hand blender until a nice cream is formed. Add the liquid cream and stir thoroughly. Simmer gently again for 10 minutes.100 ml liquid cream
- Using a pastry scraper, push the soup through a sieve into another pot to get a nice smooth consistency.
- Divide everything among deep plates, garnish with a little pepper and serve fresh!Buon appetito!
If you want to spice up the taste, add fried bacon cubes or crispy croutons to the soup 😉
Calories: 70kcal (4%)Carbohydrates: 2.5g (1%)Protein: 1.9g (4%)Fat: 5.6g (9%)
Was the zucchini cream soup to your taste? Here are more delicious dishes for you…
Looking for Italian ingredients for the zucchini cream soup?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.