This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Spaghetti con pomodorini, olive e capperi
Since many people do not like the taste of anchovies, but still want to try the famous spaghetti alla puttanesca, I have created a small variation of it. For this we simply omit the fishy anchovies and replace them with nice juicy cherry tomatoes.
A small variation of the famous Spaghetti alla Puttanesca!
- 400 g spaghetti
- 300 g cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp capers
- 60 g black olives pitted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- olive oil extra virgin
- parsley to taste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- hot pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic. Wash and coarsely chop the cherry tomatoes.
- Heat some olive oil in a large pan and sauté the onion and garlic. Deglaze with the chopped tomatoes, add sliced olives and capers and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Now add the cherry tomatoes and some pasta water to the sauce, season with salt, pepper and chopped hot pepper. Continue to simmer on low heat.
- Drain the finished pasta, then add it directly to the pan and mix everything thoroughly.
- Finally, arrange on deep plates and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.Buon appetito!
As with almost every pasta, freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano rounds off the taste experience.
Serving: 723gCalories: 139.9kcal (7%)Carbohydrates: 22.4g (7%)Protein: 4.3g (9%)Fat: 3g (5%)
We hope you enjoyed my cherry tomato spaghetti recipe! Here are more delicious recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the cherry tomato spaghetti?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.