Lasagne di ricotta e spinaci con salsa di pomodoro
Another nice pasta dish from the category “meatless happy”. We fill the lasagna with a creamy mixture of spinach leaves, ricotta & cream. In between each layer a homemade tomato sauce and as a finish a golden brown baked layer of mozzarella.
- For the tomato sauce, heat some olive oil in a pan. Finely chop one onion and the garlic and sauté for a few minutes. Then deglaze with the chopped tomatoes. Finely chop the basil and add it. Season with salt and pepper and mix everything well. Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- For the spinach-ricotta mixture, also sauté a finely chopped onion in a little olive oil. Add the defrosted or fresh spinach and cook over low heat until soft. Then put it in a sieve and let it drain. Mix the ricotta with the liquid cream in a bowl until smooth. Add the drained spinach together with nutmeg, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cover the bottom of a rectangular casserole dish with some tomato sauce. Lay out a layer of lasagna sheets on top and spread with the spinach-ricotta mixture about 1cm/½in thick. On top of this, again spread a layer of lasagna sheets, followed by a thin layer of tomato sauce, again covered with the spinach-ricotta mixture. Repeat the two layers. Finish with a row of lasagna sheets, covered with tomato sauce. Finally, top with thinly sliced mozzarella.
- Bake the lasagna in a preheated oven at 180°C/360°F for about 25 minutes, until the cheese has melted nicely and taken on a light brown color.
- Allow to cool briefly before serving.Buon appetito!
We hope you enjoyed the spinach ricotta lasagna! Do you already know these delicious recipes?
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the Spinach Ricotta Lasagna?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.