This post is also available in: Deutsch English Italiano
Zucchine ripiene di tonno
Dear friends of Italian cuisine, today we would like to present you a simple but delicious recipe: Tuna zucchini boats. This delicious appetizer or main dish is quick to prepare and perfect for those looking for a low-carb meal. The zucchini is stuffed with a spicy tuna filling and baked in the oven until nice and golden brown. Served with a fresh salad, the tuna zucchini boats are perfect for a summer evening. Let’s get started!
- 2 zucchini large
- 200 g tuna in olive oil
- 50 g Breadcrumbs
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- 1 onion
- 2 eggs
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- olive oil extra virgin to taste
- First, bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- Then wash the zucchini thoroughly and blanch in boiling water for 10 minutes. Then remove, put in a bowl of cold water and leave to cool.2 zucchini
- Then cut in half lengthwise and carefully scrape out the flesh. The shell of the zucchini should still have a thickness of about half a centimeter, so that it does not become brittle.
- Now cut the pulp obtained into small pieces. Peel and finely chop the onion.1 onion
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and anchovies and sauté briefly.4 anchovy fillets in oil
- Then add the flesh of the zucchini, season with salt and pepper and fry for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Then remove from heat and leave to cool briefly.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F.
- Now put the drained tuna, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, eggs, pine nuts and the capers in the blender. Add the lukewarm flesh and puree finely.200 g tuna in olive oil, 50 g Breadcrumbs, 50 g parmesan cheese, 2 eggs, 1 tbsp pine nuts, 1 tbsp capers
- Place the zucchini boats on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Now transfer the prepared filling evenly into the boats with a spoon. Then sprinkle the fillings with a little more breadcrumbs.
- Finally, place in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.Buon appetito!
If you liked the recipe for tuna zucchini boats, you may also like these nice recipes
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.