This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Risotto al pomodoro
This risotto is a popular vegetarian dish and is also very popular with the kids. It is perfect as a main course, but also makes a very good side dish! The slight sweetness of the tomatoes combines quite perfectly with the fresh aroma of the chopped basil.
A fresh risotto made from sun-ripened tomatoes!
- 400 g risotto rice
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 20 g butter
- 50 g parmesan cheese grated (shop here)
- 1 onion
- 1 l vegetable broth
- 1 tsp sugar
- olive oil extra virgin
- salt to taste
- basil to taste
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Heat some olive oil in a large pan and sauté the onion in it over a gentle heat for about 10 minutes until translucent.
- Add the rice and stir-fry for 1 minute. Deglaze with a ladle of vegetable broth and reduce heat. Simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the sugar and mix everything thoroughly.
- Then keep adding a little broth and stir constantly. Once the liquid is almost completely absorbed, repeat the process. This should take about 30 minutes in total. The rice should be tender but still somewhat firm to the bite.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the grated parmesan, the butter and a pinch of salt.
- Arrange the risotto in bowls or deep plates, sprinkle with chopped basil and serve hot.Buon appetito!
Calories: 113kcal (6%)Carbohydrates: 14.5g (5%)Protein: 3.6g (7%)Fat: 4.4g (7%)
We hope you like the tomato risotto recipe. Here are some more nice ideas for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the tomato risotto recipe?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.