As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Risotto ai carciofi
- First, get ready a large bowl of cold water and drizzle the juice of the lemon.
- Now remove the outer leaves of the artichokes and cut off the hard part of the top. Use a peeler to shave off the fibrous part of the stem. Then cut the artichokes in half, slice them and put them in the bowl with the lemon water. Let soak for about 10 minutes.
- Heat some olive oil with half of the butter in a large pot. Add the rice and sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Deglaze with half of the white wine and let it reduce until the alcohol has completely evaporated.
- Now pour a ladle of the vegetable broth into the pot and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
- Then keep adding a little broth and stir constantly. Once the broth is almost completely absorbed, repeat the process. This should take about 30 minutes in total. The rice should end up tender but still somewhat firm to the bite.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan with a dash of olive oil and add the well-drained artichokes. Season with salt and pepper. Toss everything well, deglaze with the remaining wine and let it evaporate. Cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Then remove the pot with the finished tender risotto from the heat. Now add the cooked artichokes. Stir in the grated Parmigiano, the remaining butter and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Arrange the risotto in bowls or deep plates and serve hot.Buon appetito!
If you liked the artichoke risotto, you may also like these beautiful recipes…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the artichoke risotto?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.