Risotto alla zucca
This recipe with its peasant origins follows a long Italian tradition. It is precisely its simplicity and the selection of exquisite ingredients that make it so irresistible. And the best thing is: with a very simple trick it can even be transformed into a vegan dish, but the taste remains unchanged delicious. How to do it, you’ll learn below in the recipe.
- Peel and chop the onion. Wash the pumpkin, cut in half and peel. Remove the seeds and then cut into pieces of 2-4cm/ 1-1.5in . Heat a dash of olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions until translucent.
- Add the pumpkin and brown lightly for a few minutes. Then deglaze with 250 ml of vegetable broth. Season with pepper and salt and simmer over medium heat for about 20 min.
- Once the pumpkin has simmered long enough, add the rice to a hot pan (without oil) and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Deglaze with the white wine, stir thoroughly and allow to reduce. Then add the rice to the pumpkin in the pot and mix everything thoroughly.
- Now keep adding a ladle of broth and stir constantly. Once the broth is almost completely absorbed, repeat the process. This should take about 20 to 30 minutes in total. The rice should end up tender, but still somewhat firm to the bite.
- Then remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the grated parmesan ,the butter, salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the risotto in bowls or deep plates, sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired and serve hot.Buon appetito!
Do you like the beautiful pumpkin risotto? Here are some more delicious recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the pumpkin risotto?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.