This beautiful rice dish captivates with its intense smell of fresh porcini mushrooms. With the extra long matured parmesan cheese (Parmigiano Reggiano) we give the porcini risotto a wonderful creaminess and round it off with fragrant parsley. If you like to spoil your family and friends, you’ll hit the bull’s eye with this recipe.
- Thoroughly clean the porcini mushrooms and cut them into slices. Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan and briefly sauté the garlic in it. Add the porcini and brown over high heat for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, place in a bowl and set aside.
- Now add a little butter to the pot and let it melt. Add the chopped onion and sweat for about 10 minutes at low temperature.
- Add the rice and stir-fry for 1 minute. Deglaze with a ladle of vegetable broth. Simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Then keep adding a little broth and stir constantly. Once the broth is almost completely absorbed, repeat the process. This should take about 30 minutes in total. The rice should be tender at the end but still somewhat firm to the bite. After about 25 minutes, add the porcini mushrooms and simmer.
- Then remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the grated parmesan, the butter and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Arrange the risotto in bowls or deep plates, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot.Buon appetito!