This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Crocchette di riso con stracchino
This recipe is very similar to the much more famous arancini. Nevertheless, these deep-fried rice croquettes with a delicious cheese filling are in no way inferior to their “competitors” in terms of taste! This rice dish is a bit time-consuming to prepare – but the effort is more than rewarded by the delicious taste.
Super tasty little rice croquettes with a melted cheese filling!
- 200 g risotto rice
- 100 g butter
- 1 g saffron
- 1 tsp vegetable broth
- 100 g parmesan cheese grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 120 g stracchino cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- breadcrumbs as needed
- sunflower oil as needed
- First cook the rice in 1.2 liters of boiling salted water for about 15 minutes until the water is completely absorbed by the rice. Then dissolve the saffron in a little hot water with the vegetable broth and add to the cooked rice together with the butter and grated Parmigiano.
- Season with salt and mix everything well, put on a tray, cover with plastic wrap and leave to cool completely for a few hours in the refrigerator.
- Put the stracchino in a bowl and whisk with a fork until a creamy mixture is formed.
- For each croquette, place a tablespoon of rice in the palm of your hand and flatten to make a small hollow. Fill with a teaspoon of "stracchino cream" and cover with another tablespoon of rice. Shape into small balls. Make sure that the filling is completely covered by the rice.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Dip the croquettes in it all around and then roll them in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat sunflower oil in a pot and deep-fry the croquettes in it. Once they are golden brown, take them out, put them on a paper towel and let them drain briefly.
- Finally, arrange on a serving tray and serve hot.Buon appetito!
Calories: 157kcal (8%)Carbohydrates: 6.4g (2%)Protein: 3.3g (7%)Fat: 13.2g (20%)Saturated fatty acids: 4.3g (22%)Cholesterol: 34mg (11%)
If you like rice croquettes with stracchino, you might also like these recipes
Do you need original Italian ingredients for the rice croquettes?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.