This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Torta fragole e ricotta
The wonderful smell of strawberries has found its way back into the fruit counters of the markets. Therefore, it is time to bring this to our home. So let’s bake a fresh & creamy dessert for us and our dear guests, with the precious spring fruits that we all love so much.
A creamy cake with ricotta and fresh strawberries
Dough (for a springform pan with 10in/26cm Ø)
- 400 g strawberries
- 450 g ricotta cheese
- 200 ml liquid cream
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 1 lemon
- 4 sheets gelatin
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/300°F.
- Carefully crack the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks. Add the collected egg whites to the bowl of the stand mixer with a pinch of salt and beat until stiff.
- Then add sugar and egg yolks and gently fold in. Add flour, starch, baking powder and rum and mix to a smooth dough.
- Prepare a 26cm/10in Ø springform pan and grease with butter. Pour in the dough and bake for about 20 minutes on the middle rack. Then remove and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Put the ricotta in a mixing bowl, add some lemon zest of an organic lemon, the juice of the lemon and mix with the powdered sugar.
- In another container, whip the cream until stiff. Add ⅔ of this to the ricotta mixture and stir in. Set aside the remaining cream for the topping.
- Soak the gelatin in a bowl of cold water for about 5 minutes. Then heat a tablespoon of water in a small saucepan. Squeeze the gelatin leaf by leaf and gradually stir in the warm water until it is dissolved without lumps. Turn off the heat while doing this.
- Now stir a tablespoon at a time of the ricotta cream into the warm gelatin until the entire mixture is stirred in.
- Divide the cooled pastry bottom in the middle. Place the base on a plate and enclose with a cake ring. Pour in the ricotta cream and evenly distribute ⅔ of the washed chopped strawberries. Place the lid on top, spread with the remaining cream and decorate with the remaining strawberries.
- Then place in the refrigerator for about 2 hours to harden.
- After that, our delicious strawberry cake can be served and enjoyed.Buon appetito!
Calories: 286kcal (14%)Carbohydrates: 36g (12%)Protein: 8g (16%)Fat: 13g (20%)Saturated fatty acids: 7g (35%)Trans fatty acids: 1gCholesterol: 97mg (32%)
Do you like the strawberry ricotta cake? Here are some more nice recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the strawberry ricotta cake?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.