Crostata di fragole fresche
Surprise your friends with a sweet and fresh cake made of shortcrust pastry with a light lemon scent, a velvety smooth vanilla pudding and a dream of strawberries.
- Put the flour, sugar, eggs, butter and some lemon zest in the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and mix thoroughly with the dough hook. Then place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Cut open the vanilla bean and scrape out the pulp with a knife. (Alternatively to the vanilla bean, a packet of vanilla sugar can be used).
- Pour the milk into a pot, add the pulp of the vanilla bean and bring to a gentle boil.
- In the meantime, put the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk well. Then add the cornstarch and a ladle of the warm milk and continue whisking until a lump-free mixture is formed.
- Now pour this into the pot to the warm milk and let it thicken over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Then let cool to room temperature and put in the refrigerator.
Bake shortcrust pastry
- After the cooling time, roll out the dough. Prepare a 26cm Ø springform pan and grease with butter. Spread the shortcrust pastry evenly on the bottom, forming a rim of about 1cm high on the baking pan and pressing it down well. Prick the dough several times with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F top/bottom heat.
- Now place a baking paper on the dough and evenly distribute dried lentils on it (so that the bottom does not rise during baking) and bake for 30 minutes. Then remove from the oven, remove the baking paper with the lentils and let cool completely.
- In the meantime, put the water with the sugar in a small pot and let it melt on low heat. Once it starts to boil, add the juice of a half lemon, stir and let it reduce a little. Then let it cool down.
- Pour the vanilla pudding on the baked dough and spread it evenly. Wash the strawberries thoroughly, cut them in half and arrange them on the pudding layer. Finally, drizzle the slightly warm cake glaze over the top.
- Let rest in the refrigerator for at least 3 to 4 hours before serving.Buon appetito!
Did you like my strawberry cake with pudding? Here are some more nice desserts for you…
Preparation recommendation for my strawberry cake with vanilla pudding
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
- 10-speed slide control ranges from a very fast whip to a very slow stir
- Includes Flat Beater, Dough Hook and Wire Whip
- Power Hub for Additional Attachments,Volts- 120
- Unique Mixing Action. Hub cover – non-hinged
- Assembled with Pride in Greenville, Ohio
- Choose from all the color options to find the one that best matches your style and personality.
- The power hub turns your stand mixer into a culinary center with more than 15 optional attachments available.