This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Crostata di fragole fresche
Surprise your friends with a sweet and fresh cake made of shortcrust pastry with a light lemon scent, a velvety smooth vanilla pudding and a dream of strawberries.
A delicious shortcake with vanilla pudding and fresh strawberries!
Shortcrust pastry (for a 10in/26cm Ø springform pan)
- 100 g sugar
- lemon juice
- 100 ml water
- 500 g strawberries
- Put the flour, sugar, eggs, butter and some lemon zest in the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and mix thoroughly with the dough hook. Then place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Cut open the vanilla bean and scrape out the pulp with a knife. (Alternatively to the vanilla bean, a packet of vanilla sugar can be used).
- Pour the milk into a pot, add the pulp of the vanilla bean and bring to a gentle boil.
- In the meantime, put the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk well. Then add the cornstarch and a ladle of the warm milk and continue whisking until a lump-free mixture is formed.
- Now pour this into the pot to the warm milk and let it thicken over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Then let cool to room temperature and put in the refrigerator.
Bake shortcrust pastry
- After the cooling time, roll out the dough. Prepare a 26cm Ø springform pan and grease with butter. Spread the shortcrust pastry evenly on the bottom, forming a rim of about 1cm high on the baking pan and pressing it down well. Prick the dough several times with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F top/bottom heat.
- Now place a baking paper on the dough and evenly distribute dried lentils on it (so that the bottom does not rise during baking) and bake for 30 minutes. Then remove from the oven, remove the baking paper with the lentils and let cool completely.
- In the meantime, put the water with the sugar in a small pot and let it melt on low heat. Once it starts to boil, add the juice of a half lemon, stir and let it reduce a little. Then let it cool down.
- Pour the vanilla pudding on the baked dough and spread it evenly. Wash the strawberries thoroughly, cut them in half and arrange them on the pudding layer. Finally, drizzle the slightly warm cake glaze over the top.
- Let rest in the refrigerator for at least 3 to 4 hours before serving.Buon appetito!
Calories: 257kcal (13%)Carbohydrates: 37g (12%)Protein: 4g (8%)Fat: 11g (17%)Saturated fatty acids: 6g (30%)Trans fatty acids: 1gCholesterol: 93mg (31%)
Did you like the strawberry cake with pudding? Here are some more nice recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the strawberry cake with vanilla pudding?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.