This post is also available in: Deutsch English Italiano
Crostata al limone
Lemon tart is a delicious cake from Italian cuisine, prepared with a delicious lemon filling. The cake consists of a shortcrust pastry with a creamy filling made of lemon juice, eggs, sugar and milk. The filling is sweet and sour and has an intense lemon flavor, which is complemented by the crispy shortbread. Lemon tart is a popular dessert in Italy and is often served on special occasions such as birthdays or weddings. The cake is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients, making it an ideal dessert for all lemon lovers.
A delicious cake with creamy lemon filling!
Shortcrust pastry (for a 24cm/9in Ø tart pan)
- 250 g pastry flour
- 150 g butter
- 60 g sugar
- 3 egg yolk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 lemon organic
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 180 g sugar
- 4 egg yolk
- 65 g cornstarch
- 800 ml milk
- powdered sugar to taste
- First, put the flour, sugar, beaten egg yolk, small cubes of butter, a pinch of salt and vanilla sugar into the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and mix thoroughly with the dough hook. Then remove and knead with your hands into a compact ball. Wrap the ball in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for one hour.250 g pastry flour, 150 g butter, 60 g sugar, 3 egg yolk, 1 pinch salt, 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- In the meantime, prepare the filling. To do this, first peel the organic lemon. Then put the peel in a pot with the milk and boil once.1 lemon, 800 ml milk
- Put the sugar and egg yolks in another saucepan and whisk to combine. Then add the cornstarch and stir it in. Now gradually pour in the boiled milk through a sieve over low heat. While whisking, bring to a boil while stirring constantly.180 g sugar, 65 g cornstarch, 4 egg yolk
- As soon as the mixture starts to thicken, add the freshly squeezed lemon juice and stir in thoroughly. Then pour the cream into a bowl, cover with cling film and leave to cool completely.50 ml lemon juice
Finish the tart
- After the cooling time, roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface to a thickness of about 5mm. Prepare a 24cm/9in Ø tart pan, grease with butter and lightly flour. Spread the shortcrust dough evenly on the bottom, forming a rim of about 1cm/½in high on the baking pan and pressing it down well. Prick the dough several times with a fork. Cut off the excess shortcrust pastry and keep for decoration.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F top/bottom heat.
- Now spread the previously prepared lemon cream evenly over the shortbread and smooth it with a pastry scraper.
- Then roll out the remaining short pastry in a circle and cut out strips about 1cm/½in wide. Use these to lay out a uniform diamond pattern on the cream.
- Now put the cake in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Let cool briefly before serving and sprinkle with powdered sugar to taste.Buon appetito!
Serving: 199.1gCalories: 230kcal (12%)Carbohydrates: 28g (9%)Protein: 3g (6%)Fat: 12g (18%)Saturated fatty acids: 7g (35%)Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 1gMonounsaturated fatty acids: 3gTrans fatty acids: 0.4gCholesterol: 66mg (22%)