This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Torta di ricotta
My Italian variation of the international classic. For this we use ricotta instead of cream cheese, add some fresh orange juice and vanilla sugar and we have a delicious cake that you enjoy best with a hot espresso.
The international classic Italian style!
Shortcrust pastry (for a springform pan with 26cm/10in Ø)
- 120 g pastry flour
- 30 g almonds ground
- 100 g butter
- 50 g sugar
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- 200 g sour cream
- 50 ml orange juice
- 2 sachets vanilla sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 200 g sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F top/bottom heat (convection oven 160°C/320°F).
- Put the flour, ground almonds, sugar and butter in the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and mix with the dough hook.
- Prepare a 26cm/10in Ø springform pan and grease with butter. Spread the shortcrust pastry evenly on the bottom, forming a rim of about 1cm/½in high on the baking pan and pressing it down well so that the ricotta mixture does not spill out later.
- Put the ricotta and sour cream in the mixing bowl and mix until creamy. Add sugar, vanilla sugar, starch, orange juice and eggs and mix thoroughly until a fine mixture.
- Then pour it onto the shortcrust pastry, spread it evenly and smooth it out.
- Now put the cake in the oven and bake for about 1½ hours. Then turn off the oven, open the door a crack and let the cheesecake cool in it for 45 minutes.
- Then place in the refrigerator for about 3 hours.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar to taste before serving.Buon appetito!
Serving: 172.9gCalories: 274.4kcal (14%)Carbohydrates: 30g (10%)Protein: 5.7g (11%)Fat: 14.5g (22%)
Do you like the recipe for Italian ricotta cheesecake? Here are some more nice recipes for you…
Do you have all the ingredients for the Italian ricotta cheesecake?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.