As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Torta di fragole con crema di stracciatella
The wonderful smell of strawberries has found its way back into the fruit counters of the markets. Therefore, it is time to bring this to our home. So let’s bake a fresh & creamy dessert for us and our dear guests, with the precious spring fruits that we all love so much.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Wash the strawberries thoroughly and cut them in half.
- Carefully crack the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks. Put the collected egg whites in a bowl and beat with a hand mixer until stiff.
- Put the sugar, egg yolks, flour, starch, cocoa powder, baking powder and rum in another bowl and whisk with a hand mixer. Then carefully fold in the beaten egg white.
- Prepare a 28cm/11in Ø tart pan and grease with butter. Pour in the batter and bake for about 12 minutes on the middle rack. Then remove and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Put the mascarpone in a bowl with ¼ of the liquid cream and the sugar and mix until creamy.
- In another container, whip the remaining liquid cream until stiff. Then add this to the mascarpone cream and stir in. Now carefully add the chocolate chips to the cream.
- Now spread the stracciatella cream evenly on the cooled pastry base and top with the halved strawberries. For decoration, spread a few chocolate pieces on top.
- Now our delicious strawberry cake with stracciatella cream can be served and enjoyed.Buon appetito!
Do you like the strawberry cake with stracciatella cream? Here are some more nice recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the strawberry cake?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.