As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Risotto al pesto
- Clean the basil leaves with a soft and dry cloth. Peel the garlic. Finely grate the parmesan and pecorino.
- Now put these four prepared ingredients together with the olive oil, pine nuts and coarse sea salt in a tall container and puree finely with a hand blender.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Over medium heat, melt ⅔ of the butter in a large saucepan. Add the olive oil and garlic and saute for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add the rice and fry lightly, stirring constantly and on high heat. Deglaze with a ladle of broth and reduce heat. Simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Then keep adding a little broth and stir constantly. Once the broth is almost completely absorbed, repeat the process. This should take about 20 to 25 minutes in total. The rice should be tender but still somewhat firm to the bite. Then remove the pot from the heat.
- Now add the remaining butter and the previously prepared pesto and mix everything well. Finally, season with freshly ground pepper.
- Arrange the risotto in bowls or deep plates and serve hot.Buon appetito!
If you like the risotto with pesto, you may also like these beautiful recipes…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the risotto with pesto?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.