Risotto agli asparagi
This recipe for risotto with asparagus is a real treat. Delicate in flavor and soft in texture. A simple and at the same time refined dish. A real highlight of the spring cuisine.
- Wash the asparagus and cut off the woody part of the stalk. Then cut into pieces of about the same length of 1cm/½in.
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Heat some olive oil in a large cooking pot and sauté the onion in it over a gentle heat for about 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the rice and stir-fry for 1 minute. Deglaze with a ladle of vegetable broth and reduce heat. Simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Now add the asparagus and mix everything thoroughly.
- Then keep adding a little broth and stir constantly. Once the broth is almost completely absorbed, repeat the process. This should take about 20 minutes in total. The rice should be tender but still somewhat firm to the bite.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the grated Parmesan, the butter and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Arrange the risotto in bowls or deep plates and serve hot.Buon appetito!
Do you like the asparagus risotto? Here are some more delicious recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the asparagus risotto?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.