As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Risotto ai funghi
- Clean the mushrooms thoroughly. Cut off the stems from about half of the mushrooms.
- Put the vegetable broth in a pot and bring to a boil. Add the mushroom stems and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Then cut the mushrooms into bite-sized pieces. Peel the onion and chop finely.
- Heat some olive oil with half of the butter in a large pot and sauté the onion briefly. Add the mushrooms and brown over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Deglaze with the white wine and reduce until the alcohol has completely evaporated.
- Now pour a ladle of the mushroom vegetable broth through a strainer into the pot and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
- Then keep adding a little broth and stir constantly. Once the broth is almost completely absorbed, repeat the process. This should take about 30 minutes in total. The rice should end up tender but still somewhat firm to the bite.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the grated Parmigiano, the remaining butter and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Arrange the risotto in bowls or deep plates, sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired and serve hot.Buon appetito!
If you liked the mushroom risotto, you may also like these beautiful recipes
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the mushroom risotto?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.